Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Jalen's family party

The day after Jalen's real birthday we had family over to celebrate Jalen's birthday. I had cupcakes leftover from his friend party but I needed more cake so I decided to make a volcano cake. Once I decided that was what I was going to do I researched how to make it erupt or smoke. I really wanted it to erupt but I just didn't have the time to put into that since he had just had a party the day before. So I settled on it just being able to smoke. 



When I started thinking about his punch I wanted to do something different so I researched different punch ideas and found Paula Deen's volcano punch. I was perfect except for that fact her punch was alcoholic so I just omitted the alcohol and added dry ice and his punch bubbled and smoked also.

 
It was so neat! Jalen loved it and I am so glad I took the time to make this cake for him.


No comments:

Post a Comment